Catherine House is a historic property with a distinctive Victorian design that is hard to find in Brisbane, with City Views, gorgeous gardens, and only 1.5 km from the CBD!
Built in 1881, this historic residence boasts classic dining and living rooms, high ceilings, and original fireplaces. The home has six bathrooms and spacious bedrooms, as well as split living levels and two self-contained studio apartments on the ground floor, offering plenty of flexibility for any living situation.
With a picturesque easterly outlook, you can enjoy year round breezes and City Views from the spacious rear decks, all with easy access to the large back garden and in ground pool and spa. With beautiful gardens and a yoga lawn, this is the perfect indoor-to-outdoor lifestyle every Queenslander dreams of!
• Timeless and historic, with classic Victorian finishes throughout this two level home
• Multiple living spaces for any size family – with two studios or separated living rooms, a formal lounge with fireplace, and indoor to outdoor dining to the rear
• Generous kitchen with easy access to the deck and dining area, as well as pantry room
• 4/6 large bedrooms, with bathrooms and storage (6 beds or 4 beds + 2 multi purpose rooms)
• Main suite includes its own private deck, fireplace and WIR with bath
• Rear deck overlooks beautiful gardens, sparkling inground pool and City Views
• 6 bathrooms, two with bathtubs, and separate laundry/powder room
• Classic features such as high ceilings, VJ boards, picture rails, and two original fireplaces
• Double glazing and privacy screen protects the property from noise and intrusions
• Air conditioning and fans throughout the home, rain water tanks, and plenty of storage
• Space for four cars (two undercover) or additional storage is a rare offering
• Set on a large 658m2 block, this well utilised space has been beautifully landscaped to appeal.
Living in Kelvin Grove on the outskirts of the City gives you access to everything Brisbane has to offer. Paddington, Red Hill, and Caxton Street can all be reached by foot easily, and there are several trails for bicycling and walking that families may use on the weekends. Weekend markets and shopping may be found close by at Kelvin Grove Urban Village, while Newmarket and the Barracks Cinemas are a short distance away. Enjoy access to RBH, Herston Quarter, the ICB and tunnels, QUT, and a variety of private Inner City schools. Don’t miss out on this incredibly rare opportunity to own one of Kelvin Grove’s finest historic homes!
Call Glynis 0403 333 013 for your inspection today!
(Whilst all due diligence has been taken in the preparation of this document, there is no guarantee as to the accuracy of information provided. It is recommended that purchasers conduct their own enquiries and searches prior to purchase).